22 Jul 2009

Gift Journal for Baby

Sorry it's been so long since I posted - summer has been busy and although I've been stamping I haven't been photographing much of it!

However I wanted to show you this - a Baby Shower Journal that I was asked to make. The hostess wanted a journal where she could include photos of the people attending the shower as well as photos of the baby later, along with little messages, etc.

This journal is approximately 6 x 9 inches including the coil. I purchased it at a local craft supply store as the hostess requested 25 pages and it came the closest at 30.


I had some leftover DSP from the Sale A Bration mini, and it was a perfect colour combination with Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Bashful Blue, Sahara Sand. I first attached a solid piece of cardstock to each page - rotating the colours. On the first page I added a space for the hostess to write in a note.
The next several pages I decorated with DSP and embellishments, and used "Welcome Little One" and "So Happy For You" using both stamps and rub-ons. I also used star, heart, and scallop circle punches for embellishments. The train above and the teddy bear below are from the "Teddy and Train" stamp set in the new catalogue.

I also added our Big Shot Scallop Envelope to a few pages so the new Mom could tuck in little keepsakes or journalling.
This was really fun, although now that I've done one I will know to charge a bit more next time!
Happy Stamping and Scrapping!
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment