13 Mar 2008

I just received an order from Stampin' Up! yesterday with some products I've been wanting to try. I ordered the "Tart & Tangy" stamp set from the new Occasions Mini and I'm going to make scratch and sniff cards with the cherries, orange, apple, and strawberry. I also splurged and got the Pretties kit on page 188 of the Spring & Summer Idea Book & Catalogue. I've been eyeing that for a while. Here are some of the cards I've made today:



This one uses the "Spring Song" stamp set found on page 103 of the S&S IB&C. I love to paint and watercolour and I used my pastels to do this one. I used Summer Sun cardstock for the card and framed the picture with Ruby Red and Basic Black. the two pieces of designer paper on the bottom half of the card are from the Ginger Blossom package. The colours used for the hummingbird are Green Galore, Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip, Blush Blossom, Whisper White and Basic Black. The trumpet flower was done with a comination of reds, the throat of the flowers is Summer Sun. I don't normally use a lot of 'hot' colours but I really liked this combination.




Now this card is more my typical style. The ink colours are Pretty in Pink, Rose Red, Brocade Blue, Old Olive and Basic Black. Ribbon is 1/4 inch Pretty in Pink.
The Stamp set used here is the two step set Heartfelt Thanks.




Here I've used a monochromatic blue scheme using Bashful Blue and Brilliant Blue. I've left the space free to use whatever greeting is appropriate when needed. The brads are SU Bashful Blue. The Designer Paper is one of the Hostess Gifts in the Spring & Summer Idea Book & Catalogue.
The stars are cut using the star punches found on page 181 of the catalogue. You'll be seeing more punched cards, they're so much fun and so easy!


No comments:

Post a Comment