23 Mar 2008

What a lovely Easter weekend! We received about a foot of snow overnight Friday and into Saturday - big surprise for everybody! But today dawned sunny and beautiful (but very cold and white!) We had family over to join us for Easter dinner and had a lovely time dying eggs and eating chocolate.

I haven't got my scrapbook pages up yet, but it will happen in the next couple of days as I have a class on Thursday night. For now I'm loading a couple of cards for your 'viewing pleasure'.

This first card was inspired by another demo - I've changed it slightly and used different embellishments.


The background and largest oval cardstock is Always Artichoke. The pink is Cameo Coral (although it looks stronger in the photo). The Designer Paper is Ginger Blossom with butterflies stamped on it. The butterfly and fern is from the Touch of Nature stamp set and stamped on Whisper White. I coloured the cut out butterfly with pastels and a blender pen. The flowers are from my new Pretties Kit and I coloured the tips of the petals with Cameo Coral pastel and dry sponge. The centres are brads from the Soft Subtles kit.

These cards were made for a swap and while they look simple, the detailing doesn't show up too well. (Gotta get a decent scanner so I can do this properly)

The base cardstock is Old Olive with Pretty in Pink matting and Whisper White to stamp. The stamp set is Artfully Asian, stamped in Old Olive and coloured with blender pens. I've used a darker pink (Pink Passion) for the flowers and given each centre a dot of white from the Signo Gel Pen. Then I've used Crystal Effects on all the flowers to give them some depth and shine. The cards are finished off with a Pretty in Pink 1/4 inch ribbon.




That's all for today. Hope spring has sprung where you live

No comments:

Post a Comment