6 Oct 2011

Countdown to Christmas Calendar

OK, I've totally given up... you may see some other items from time to time, but I'm 75% Christmas... AND I LOVE IT!!!

I want to show you the Countdown to Christmas project I made with the 25 & Counting stamp set from the Holiday Mini:

I also used the Holly Berry Bouquet Designer Series Paper for the background, and the Ric Rac strip from the Tasteful Trim die to divide off the squares. I wanted to give it a cozy 'quilt' look.

The windows are cut with three of the designs in the Peekaboo Frames die (these are great for countdowns, cards, and scrapbook additions!).

I decorated the covers of the windows with the 25 & Counting stamp set and inside I had pasted an item for the child to do that day. (Layering order: DSP, Ric Rac, center words in squares, decorate windows and glue on top.)

Now the ideas are things that I used to do with my children, but they could be almost anything - including chores! (I've included my list of 25 items at the bottom of this post to give you an idea).


The cardstock colours used are Wild, Wasabi, Real Red, Chocolate Chip, and Very Vanilla.
This countdown calendar was made for a child under 10, but you could also make it for an adult.

The windows can be used not only for Christmas, but any countdown date: Vacation, Beginning of School, Birthday, Wedding.

List of window items:
1. Hug someone you love.
2. Sing a Christmas Song.
3. Make a snowman out of snow or marshmallows.
4. Smile at everyone you meet.
5. Put out some seeds or bread for the birds.
6. Write your letter to Santa Claus.
7. Do something special for a friend.
8. Draw or colour a Christmas picture.
9. Tell someone you love them.
10. Have an extra piece of dessert.
11. Make a Christmas tree ornament.
12. Make hot chocolate and read a Christmas story.
13. Make a Christmas card for someone.
14. Have a picnic lunch in front of the TV.
15. Call a friend or relative who lives far away.
16. Bake cookies with a grown up.
17. Give your teacher a Christmas card.
18. Wish someone a Merry Christmas.
19. Make gift tags for presents.
20. Ask people about their favourite Christmas.
21. Make a snow angel in the snow or out of paper.
22. Watch a Christmas show on TV - don't forget the popcorn!
23. Go for a walk or drive to see the Christmas lights.
24. Hang up your stocking.
25. Give thanks for all the wonderful things about Christmas.

Happy Stamping!
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment