21 Jul 2012

Bordering on Romance Anniversary

This is an anniversary card I created for one of our daughters and her husband. They have been married 5 years today - time flies! Seems like yesterday everyone was celebrating in the backyard after the rehearsal - so much fun.

I chose the stamp set Bordering on Romance because I like its simplicity (and the name doesn't hurt!)

I also like the combination of Elegant Eggplant and Pool Party card stock(the colours are a little off here - Pool Party has more green in it). I wasn't planning to offset the Whisper White on the Elegant Eggplant, but it positioned itself and I kind of like it that way.

I used my Elegant Eggplant ink pad and Aqua Painter to watercolour the larger flowers, and the Pool Party and Lucky Limeade markers to colour the rest of the image.

The pearls give it a little extra class. In this photo you can see that the image has been cut out - that's what happens when you smear ink on the middle of the Whisper White by accident - you have to improvise! Actually I like the image showing 'outside the box'.

I hope you enjoyed your visit here. Remember the next "Carol's Card Kits to Go" will be posted on August 1st.

Happy Stamping!
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment