10 Jun 2013

Successful Open House

Yesterday afternoon was the date of my 4th annual Open House and Retirement sale. Many of my wonderful customers came, received their new catalogue, rushed the retired stamp sets table, and browsed the other sale tables and displays. Everyone seemed to be having a good time!

Our Atlantic Stampers Ink team were there too - keeping me sane and doing most of the work! Louise looked after the stamps, and Sandi was in charge of food, while Maree and Linda supervised the Make and Takes. Brian, my husband and a retired banker, looked after the money pot. As you probably figured that didn't leave a lot for me to do except chat with the visitors and draw names for door prizes!

During the next few days I'll be showing you some of the samples we made. The first one is a set of note cards made using the new Ronald McDonald House stamp set "Tag It".


I used some new stuff on the first card below. I coloured the stamp set with markers before I stamped it to give the variety of colours. Then I chose three of the Daffodil Candy dots and stuck them on. The sentiment from Sassy Salutations seemed to compliment the spirit of the card too.


The second card uses the new stamp set Flower Shop and the new punch Pansy. Again the front sentiment is from Sassy Salutations.


I think the "I dig you" stamp is so cute! Again I coloured the stamp with markers before stamping, and punched the little yellow flowers are punched using the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack.
 

Finally the Christmas card (this set is good for all year round!) I coloured the stamp with markers again - this is such an easy way to really make a wow image. Once you have it all coloured, just huff on it a couple of times to refresh the ink, and stamp! The background is made with the new Modern Mosaic Embossing Folder.


Drop back soon to see more samples!

Happy Stamping!
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment