8 Aug 2014

Snatching embarrassment from the Jaws of Relaxation!

I love the demos and clients who come to my classes! They are so understanding and accepting and full of fun.

For instance I had advertised a mini scrapbook class for yesterday afternoon and evening. Unfortunately no one signed up for the afternoon class but I did have participants for the evening one. I had prepped for the class earlier as I was invited to a garden tea party yesterday afternoon.

Then at lunch time my Holiday catalogue preview order arrived - oh joy!! I spread everything on the craft table and imagined all the wonderful things I was going to make. I didn't have time to clear it up before leaving for the tea party so decided to quickly check my email before I left and ... a strange car pulled into the driveway... two ladies exited the car with craft supplies in their hands...?

You've got it. Two lovely ladies did register for the afternoon class but it didn't register in my brain! So after inviting them in I scooped everything back into the box, cleared the table, and set up for the class amid red-faced apologies. If you know me you'll also know it is typical for me to be prepping right up until the first person arrives - thank goodness (and my guardian angel) things were different this time.

With the help of Gloria and Sonia we got my act together and had a wonderful afternoon! And this is what they made:


This is the cover of the 'adult' themed CD Folder mini scrapbook. I used the Specialty DSP Typeset (p. 184 of the Annual Catalogue) with Real Red to give a bright contrast. I love how it turned out.


Inside there are pages and pockets and envelopes with lots of room for photos and journaling and keepsakes.

Gloria had chosen a baby boy theme and this is the scrapbook she made:


The cover has a window (using the window sheets on p.192) so the recipients can slide a photo inside. The colours used are Hello Honey, Baked Brown Sugar, and Coastal Cabana plus Lullaby DSP (p. 187)


Inside are sweet baby embellishments made with the Something For Baby stamp set and Framelit bundle, and again lots of space for photos, journaling, and keepsakes.

This style of mini scrapbook is ideal for special occasions such as trips, new babies, showers, birthdays, brag books for grandparents (grandchildren can write messages or draw pictures to tuck in the envelopes.)

AND the directions for this project are FREE and you can find them in the right hand column.

Have fun!

Happy Stamping
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment