4 May 2015

What Will You Stamp Today?

I am pleased to tell you that my card was randomly chosen in the What Will You Stamp Today challenge on April 20th, and as a result I was invited to be their Guest Stamper for this week's challenge.


Here is the card I created for their challenge:


I really love the Painted Petals stamp set because you can make such pretty cards that are basically quite simple.

This card uses Early Espresso, Daffodil Delight, and Whisper White card stock. The ink colours are Wild Wasabi, Crisp Cantaloupe, Daffodil Delight, and Early Espresso.

Because it is a clear/see through photopolymer stamp set it's easy to match up the flowers and leaves, And even if you've never watercoloured, you can make a lovely design with the stamps that looks like you can!

I also made a second card for today, using Early Espresso, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White, Tangelo Twist, and Mossy Meadow.


I first punched out a 2 1/2" circle, placed it on the Whisper White, and drew a pencil line lightly around the outside. Starting with the Daffodil Delight I stamped the two roses around the circle, leaving some space between the images.Then I filled in the spaces stamping the roses in Tangelo Twist. I used one of the single leaves from the stamp set in Mossy Meadow to add some balance.

I stamped the sentiment in Early Espresso, made a mistake, and had to re-stamp it on another sheet of Whisper White and punch it out to hide my mistake!! Now every time you see a punched sentiment you're going to wonder if there is a mistake under it!! :)

Be sure to visit the "What Will You Stamp" blog to check out their other samples. And then participate yourself - it's lots of fun.

Happy Stamping
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment