23 May 2016

Soft and Easy Thank You Card

Yes, it has been a long time since I've posted, and I hope you will excuse my absence! I have good reasons and bad reasons.

On the happy side I spent three weeks in France with my husband and two other couples (it was amazing!)

On the sad side my Mom passed away after suffering from Alzheimer's for thirteen years. Mom never gave up, and while she lost her memory, couldn't put together a sentence, or take care of herself, she was smiling and loving to family and the staff at the nursing home until the end. She has always been an inspiration to me.

So today I want to share with you a card I cased from Stampin' Up! Demo Lisa Young. I added a little more sparkle but the basic card design is all Lisa's.



The cardbase was cut from the Heavy weight Whisper White 4 1/4" x 11", and scored at 5 1/2".

Sahara Sand cardstock was used for the matting, cut at 5 1/4" x 4".

Regular Whisper White cardstock was used for the stamping sheet, cut at 5" x 3 3/4".

All of the background colours have been stamped off to make them even softer. I started with the largest rectangle from Work of Art and Soft Sky ink and stamped it in approximately the middle of the cardstock. Then I stamped Mint Macaron above using both of the smaller rectangle stamps in Work of Art. Last I used cleaned those two stamps and used them below the Soft Sky image in Sahara Sand ink. You can practice on scrap paper until you get the combination you like.

The sentiment is from Cottage Greetings, and the flowers are from In the Meadow, all stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

You will see a list of supplies I used below this post, but both the flowers and the sentiment could easily be exchanged with other sets.

 I added some extra sparkle with clear Wink of Stella and rhinestones. It really gives the illusion of warm sand and sea.


When I make cards for my own use I like to make several of the same - it's faster for one thing, but I like to have a supply on hand and once you're set up for one card, making more of the same is a no-brainer (as we used to say!)



Thanks for visiting - I hope you got some ideas that you like!



Product List
Happy Stamping,

No comments:

Post a Comment