28 Feb 2010

IDEAS FROM SWAPPED CARDS

Swapping cards is lots of fun and always generates ideas for me. For instance, Maree of Inky Moose - a member of our Atlantic Stampers Ink team, is really comfortable with oranges, rusts, and other bold colours. Now if left alone I would never stray from shades of pink! So receiving swaps from Maree challenges me to step out of my tiny box!

Here are two cards Maree has sent to me recently:
I love them both! But would I have thought to use those colours? Noooo.
The card on the left uses Crushed Curry, Dusty Durango, and Very Vanilla cardstock, plus Crushed Curry DSP.

The one on the right uses Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, and So Saffron cardstock, along with Sweet Pea DSP and Always Artichoke and Only Orange markers. That flower is gorgeous, pops right off the page! But would I have done that? Nooo, I would have stayed with Pretty in Pink or Regal Rose...

But thanks to Maree I'm going to give those colours a try. I will attempt to fight my way out of my pink box. Stay tuned for the result tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment