14 May 2010

VERY FIRST SUDSOL BLOG TOUR!




It's here at last and I'm so glad you've come to visit!! I hope you enjoy your time with me!

All of my samples use products from the new Summer Mini catalog. My first set of two cards uses the Bouquet Bunch stamp set. Wow there are so many neat new things in this mini that I found it hard to choose, but I love the versatility of this set. The sentiments are from the Watercolour Trio stamp set which you will see more of below.

I also used the Square Lattice Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, which didn't impress me when I saw it in the catalog but it sure impresses me now that I've got it!

Here is a close-up of each card so that you can see the beautiful design of the embossing folder. I used the 1 3/8" punch for the sentiment matted on the 1 3/4" Pumpkin Pie circle. The topiary and pot are raised with dimensionals to give even more life and texture.

The colours of cardstock that I used are Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, and Whisper White. I coloured the plants with markers in Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Pretty in Pink, and Regal Rose.


The next card uses Watercolor Trio for both the image and the sentiment. The cardstock is Real Red, Kraft, and Whisper White. Ink used is Real Red and Old Olive, and I sponged the edges with Going Gray pastel. Punches used were the Scallop Oval, and the Spiral punch.


I distressed the edges and curled the left corner with the bone folder. I really like the sentiments and the script in this stamp set. Plus the flower stamps are so easy to use, great for workshops!


This card really makes me feel like I'm in the tropics! The stamp set - Tropical Party - has everything you need for a Bon Voyage card, or to use when you scrapbook your cruise or southern holiday. I combined the set with Favourite Thoughts sayings for a 'tongue in cheek' card.
Cardstock used is Melon Mambo, Old Olive and Whisper White. Ink used is Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise, Summer Sun, and Old Olive.

And the message inside:



The last card I have to share with you uses the Little Bit of Magic stamp set. I love the faieries! The cardstock is Old Olive, Certainly Celery, and Whisper White. 

I used Scalloped Circles #2 to cut out the watercolour paper, and then cut out the frame. I used the Circle Scissor Plus to cut out the centre.

I also used the Tiny Tags stamp set for the sentiment, and the Medium Jewelery Tag punch to punch them out.

The ribbons used are 1 1/4" striped grosgrain ribbon in Old Olive, as well as 1/4" grosgrain ribbon in Old Olive.












That's the end of my samples, but I wanted to mention that SUDSOL is a great site for SU demos, and if you haven't visited already be sure to click on the icon here on my blog to check it out. You can get two weeks FREE membership!

19 comments:

  1. Your cards came out awesome! Love the colors especially the Watercolor Trio. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. your projects are wonderful! You are a true artist! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! These are all beautiful!!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carol! Great samples! My favorite is the Watercolor Trio, but love them all! Talk about taking it to the top!!
    Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice cards, Carol! I especially like what you did with the Bouquet Bunch stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carol,

    Your cards are incredible. I especially love the Watercolor Trio with the scrolling. Definitely want to give that a try!!

    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards, thanks for showcasing the new product from the Summer Mini.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carol,
    these are just wonderful examples to share - I love your use of color. The selections is so versitile.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful projects. The pumpkin pie and old olive color combo is really striking. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What great projects! I really like your blog! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my word! I just LOVE all of these!!! I'm going to CASE them for sure. Such lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Deborah Arleque15 May 2010 at 19:11

    Love the use of the Certainly Celery and the Pumpkin Pie. Greens and oranges together just make me so happy. Also loved your use of teh fairy. Cute cards and ideas. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great projects!! Love them all, but especially the Watercolor Trio card. Awesome look, great color combo!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW ... what wonderful projects! Thanks for sharing and for joining the Tour.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Carol these are just gorgeous!!! I love all of them. And you have used such beautiful colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your cards. Anyone would be very happy (and honored) to receive one of these.
    Alvina Robicheau :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your color choices for your projects and the use of Watercolor Trio! Thanks for sharing and participating in the SUDSOL blog Tour!

    Hugs and Blessings
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete