11 Aug 2010

PEARLS & RIBBON

I've been looking forward to using some new supplies and here are the cards that I came up with. They are quite straight forward and traditional - it's been hot and humid here and humidity drains all my enthusiasm ... but I can't stay away from my toys!

The first card uses Pear Pizazz, Soft Suede, and Blushing Bride cardstock. I also used the Pear Pizazz ribbon. I broke open the package of Basic Pearls - new this year in the Idea Book & Catalogue - and used three different sizes. The ink is Soft Suede, and the sentiment is from Thank You Kindly stamp set. And my favourite part is the Elegant Lines Embossing Folder!

The Pearls look much nicer in real life of course, but I like the overall softness of this card, I almost used Early Espresso for the brown, but the Soft Suede gave the finished product a more refined combination.


The next card is also soft, but with a different combination. The cardstock is Soft Suede and Very Vanilla, the DSP (Designer Series Paper) is Elegant Soiree, and is truly elegant.


Since the pearls were still on my desk I added a couple to the ends of the ribbon. This ribbon is retired, it is the polka dotted Soft Suede used upsidedown. I love this rouching/gathering/pleating, and the soft texture if adds.


The stamp sets used are Dreams du Jour, and Whimsical Words (retired).

Although the Elegant Soiree lists Baja Breeze as the blue shade, I find that Marina Mist is closer.......

Hope you like them!

No comments:

Post a Comment