7 Sept 2011

Dress up Your Desk

I love inspirational quotes, and puns, and zingers. Actually I love words, especially when they are strung together in a witty way. So what does this have to do with dressing up your desk? Well I thought I'd use quotes on the covers of the Post-It Note holders that I am making... Stampin' Up! has a nice collection of quotes in their stamp sets, and many of them are small enough to work for this project.

Here are a couple of samples:
The Scalloped Square background was made with the Scallop Squares Duo die (the 3" x 3" square) with a 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" square of Whisper White on which the quote and image are stamped.

For directions on how to make this quick little project visit Dawns Stamping Studio.

And if you have any favourite quotes or puns or zingers you would like to share just leave a message below - I'd love to see them!

Here are two of my favourites:
“Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.”  (Elizabeth Stone)

"I held my daughter to my breast
And now her sleeping child there rests
Daughter, granddaughter
I am twice blest."  (Unknown)

I guess I'm in a mothering mood...

Happy Stamping!
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment