22 Sept 2011

Welcoming Autumn

Probably by the time you read this it will be officially autumn. And I can't think of this time of year without thinking of Thanksgiving so here is a banner celebrating just that:


I used chipboard coasters for the background, covered them with four different designs of DSP from the Well Worn package. I sponged the edges with Soft Suede. The scalloped circles are cut with the Big Shot and the Scallop Circles #2 die, which I then embossed with the Big Shot and the Square Lattice Embossing Folder. And then I used my Serif Essentials Alphabet dies for the first time!! I have been coveting this alphabet set for two years and finally convinced myself that I 'needed' it. And I love it! The letters are 2 inches tall and almost as wide and they are great for banners and such.

Here's a close up:

I punched holes in the corners of the coasters and tied them together with Peach Parfait 1/2" Stitched-Poly Ribbon. That's 10 bows... almost the same.

I used Peach Parfait card stock to make the flowers - with chocolate chip centers, and Peach Parfait DSP to make the medallion in the unlettered square.

The banner came together quickly after I finally decided what I wanted to use, and you'll probably see some more celebrating other holidays too!

Happy Stamping!
Carol


No comments:

Post a Comment