25 Jun 2012

Mojo Monday and Wimbledon

Hello Stampers!

Today is a special day for me - I'm working on a personal challenge to post a card every day this week, AND today is the first day of Match Play at the Wimbledon Tennis Grand Slam!!

My husband and I had the pleasure of touring Wimbledon the last time we were in England - what a thrill!
It was founded in 1877 and is the classiest of the four annual Grand Slams. Here is the Draw and Leader Board from the grounds.




OK, I know everyone is not a tennis fanatic like me (not that I could play to save my life, but I'm an excellent observer and fan!), so I've made a card for your viewing pleasure!

I've used the Mojo Monday Challenge 247 for the sketch,



 and the Wimbledon colours (purple and green).


You may wonder what the #7 has to do with it all...Well... Roger Federer is my favourite player and he has the opportunity to win his 7th Wimbledon Championship (Federer has won a men's record 16 Grand Slam singles titles. He is one of seven male players to capture the career Grand Slam and one of three to do so on three different surfaces (clay, grass, and hard courts). He is the only male player in tennis history to have reached the title match of each Grand Slam tournament at least five times and also the final at each of the nine ATP Masters 1000 tournaments. Many sports analysts, tennis critics, and former and current players consider Federer to be the greatest tennis player of all time.)

I will always be a Federer fan as long as he's playing (he's almost 31, which is practically ancient in tennis years).  And then my alliance will be 100% with Milos Raonic - Canada's great tennis hope!


So that's it for today...
Happy Stamping!
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment