15 Mar 2010

IS "BURNS" AN IRISH NAME?

My wonderful, funny, kind, bootlegging (yes) grandfather's last name was Burns. Now I think of Burns as a Scottish name but he insisted it was Irish (maybe he was a wannabe?). Anyway if you know of any Irish Burns, please tell me!

 Grandad Burns 1898 - 1972

Which is a somewhat unusual lead-in to my St. Patrick's Day card. But here it is:


This one is dedicated to Grandad!

Cardstock: Certainly Celery, Old Olive
DSP: Shades of Spring
Stamp Sets: Leaf Lines, Cheers to You
Ink: Old Olive

1 comment:

  1. Burns IS an Irish name but is also from Scotland and England.

    I did a quick search on Ancestry.ca and out of 200 records I quickly scanned through, there were 7 Burns who listed their place of birth as Ireland. Of course there were some records where no place of birth was listed so it's possible some of them were also.

    So you never know without really getting into your family tree and digging up some records and working your way back to the 'old country'. :-)

    ReplyDelete